When you purchase an item, it is typically an item you are looking to keep or use up until it has fulfilled its purpose. However, sometimes there are items that may be defective, unwanted, or just generally unsatisfactory, and then you need to return or exchange them. It can be difficult to keep track of Home Depot® Credit, return, and exchange policies, but those policies are important to note in case you need to put them to use.
The return and exchange terms are quite straightforward, but it can still be a struggle to remember when–and if–you can return certain items. Read the guidelines of the store’s return policy below:
Most items, whether purchased in-store or online, can be returned within 90 days of purchasing them as long as you provide a receipt. If you lose the receipt, they can look it up using the information from your credit or debit card.
- If you paid with cash, you will receive cash back. If you paid with a card, the money will return to your card.
- You can exchange the item for one in better condition within the given period as well as long as you provide the receipt.
- If you are returning an item after 90 days, or if you have no receipt but provide a valid form of identification, you can still receive store credit.
- Certain items may not be returned, such as utility trailers for which you received titles or custom-mixed paints.
- For online orders, returnable items will be sent with a return shipping label. All you have to do is click the “Return Items” button on your order–then package the item and drop it off at your nearest UPS dropbox.
Home Depot® maintains a liberal return policy for its customers. All of the terms are very fair. If you ever need to return or exchange items from the store, check that your return complies with the store’s policy before bringing anything in!
Returns can be difficult, though; digging up those old, faded receipts and tracking your expenses and refunds might sometimes present a challenge for many businesses. If you struggle with organizing your receipts and financial information, using accounting software where you can track your credits and refunds by job is the best course of action for your business!
Home Depot® Pro Xtra® is a loyalty program offered by the retailer to help its customers better manage their companies. Your purchases automatically upload into your account with all of the necessary information, and receipts can be kept for up to twenty-four months!
Even with the ability to log your receipts, it can still be hard to view and manage your financials. That is why you should start using a top-rated accounting software like Intuit QuickBooks; with QuickBooks, you can maintain your finances and organize import information, such as expenses, refunds, credits, and profits.
The file download format on Pro Xtra® is not compatible with QuickBooks, though, and that is where HammerZen comes in! HammerZen is an Intuit-approved app that seamlessly integrates your accounts, allowing you to automatically import your statements into QuickBooks in just a few moments (as opposed to the many hours it takes to manually input your data)! Using an app like HammerZen to increase efficiency can save you both time and money.
What are you waiting for? Get out there, track your expenses and returns, and start running the best business you can!